Update: 29 May 2020:
Again we would like to thank all our customers for the continued support over the past few months. Things are returning to normal in regards to normal shop operations, however there is still a global pandemic, so we are taking still taking all necessary precautions.
- Normal levels of customer support have resumed and we aim to respond to all emails within 1-2 working days.
- We are now able to make local deliveries of building supplies to a wider area again.
- Local deliveries may still be delayed, but we unfortunately cannot give you estimation of the day or time of delivery.
- The upstairs showroom remains unmanned, however you can ask a member of counter staff to take you up.
- When entering the shop, customers are still asked to not cross the counter, and instead follow the arrows around to the left.
- During peak times, we may still limit the number of customers in the store.
- If at capacity, you may need to queue outdoors - remember to bring an umbrella or raincoat in bad weather.
- The carpark can become very busy at times, it is important that you follow the one way system (entry by Movilla Rd, exit by D'dee Rd).
- If the car park is at capacity we may close or cone the gate until space is freed up.
- At the time of writing, our busiest period is after lunch time, however it can be unpredictable.
- Search Google for "Ray Grahams" on maps and use their Popular Times feature to see how busy we are live.
- If the yard becomes too busy we may allow people into the shop only, or vice-versa.
- During very busy days, the yard may close as early as 3pm. If it is closed, there will be a sign as you drive in.
- Face coverings are now a legal requirement and we appreciate customers who choose to protect others by wearing face coverings whilst shopping in store.
First of all we would like to thank everyone for all of the lovely messages of support we have received since we closed in March, it is so nice to see that our loyal customer base have missed being able to shop with us as much as we have missed having them in store, honestly the shop has felt like a completely different place without everyone here.
We are incredibly pleased to let you all know that we are open once again although visiting us in store is going to be a different experience than before. We have spent the last few weeks putting every possible measure in place to ensure the safety of our staff and our customers, we have also had to lay down some new procedures to help ease the strain on our busy staff, as well as some common sense ground rules that we would ask everyone visiting our premises to follow, these rules may be adjusted as required.
We would ask that if you are planning on coming in to the store that you please read the following before you do.
Before coming to the shop please consider the following:
If you are going to pay us a visit please note the following:
- Any product on our website with a green buy button can be purchased online, if it is possible to do so please place your order through our website and we will deliver it. We would ask that especially Power Tools are ordered online for delivery as they can take some time to arrange in store without notice.
- For delivery please place orders for timber, sheet materials or building supplies in advance via email to email@example.com and we will let you know when it is ready to delivery. If you require anything cut or bespoke, we will require you to come in store and pay for it in advance, alternatively you can save yourself the trip and having to queue by paying by bank transfer.
- Please do not send us orders or requests for quotes through Facebook. Our social media channels are managed by our marketing team who are not in the position to assist, please email such requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are ordering building supplies to be delivered:
- We are limiting the number of customers in the building, with a 1 out 1 in system in operation once at capacity.
- We will be operating a single shopper system; we will not be allowing any groups in to the building.
- We will not be allowing any children in to the building.
- When you enter the building please follow the arrows to the left of the shop.
- Please no browsing. We know that a lot of people visit us for a look around the shop or showroom, sometimes for quite some time getting inspiration or ideas from our displays, its normally something we love, but, given the current climate we are sorry those days are over for now. As we are limiting the number of people in the shop, we would ask that you find what you need and make your purchase in good time, this will allow the next person entry and hopefully keep the size of the queue down.
- When you are called to be served by a member of staff please place your goods on the counter and step behind the screen.
- We are operating with a reduced level of staff which may lead to some delays or disruption to how we would normally operate, we are sorry for this and hope that you can all understand given the circumstances.
- We would prefer payment in store by card, contactless when it is possible.
- Not all of our suppliers are open and this may affect our ability to re-stock certain product lines, it may also mean we are not able to provide lead times for special order products such as bathroom suites.
- We hope it is not required but if we feel the queue is getting too big to safely manage, we will close the entrance gate until it has reduced in size. If you do visit us and the entrance gate is closed, we are sorry but you will have to try back later.
- For now, the Showroom upstairs will remain closed, if you require something you know is upstairs please ask a member of staff and they would be happy to assist you.
- There will be strictly no entry to the building through the machine shop shutters, if you require anything from the yard please queue at the main entrance and enter through the shop.
- Please show respect for not only our staff but other customers too, this is a stressful time for everyone under very difficult circumstances.
- If you have any symptoms of Covid-19 we would ask that you do not enter the premises.
- Our lorries will not be delivering to as wide an area as we normally would so depending on your location there may be extended delivery times in comparison to normal. The drivers will be providing a contactless delivery service, they will drop of the goods in the location you have requested and knock your door to alert you, they will then wait in the lorry for your acknowledgment. Please do not approach our drivers when they are dropping off the goods.